Today, The Walt Disney Company announced the six companies that will join the Disney Accelerator 2022, a business development program designed to accelerate the growth of innovative companies around the world. This year’s Disney Accelerator class focuses on building the future of immersive experiences and specializes in technologies such as augmented reality (AR), non-fungible tokens (NFT), and artificial intelligence (AI) characters ).
The Disney Accelerator kicks off this week, connecting the Class of 2022 to Disney creativity, imagination and expertise. During the program, each participating company will receive guidance from the Disney leadership team, as well as a dedicated executive mentor. The Disney Accelerator program will conclude with a demo day in the fall on the grounds of Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California.
“For nearly a century, Disney has been at the forefront of using technology to create the entertainment experiences of the future,” said Bonnie Rosen, general manager of the Disney Accelerator program. “The Disney Accelerator is thrilled to be a part of that legacy, and with our newest class of business, we look forward to continuing our commitment to innovation and continuing to deliver magical experiences for Disney audiences and guests over the of the next 100 years.”
The companies selected for the Disney Accelerator 2022 program are:
- Flickplay: Flickplay is a Web3 social app that allows users to discover NFTs related to real locations that they can discover and share via AR.
- In the world: Inworld allows users to create interactive AI-driven characters for immersive experiences.
- Lockerverse: Lockerverse is a Web3 platform that empowers creators and brands to tell culture-defining stories and deliver unique access and experiences.
- Obsess: Obsess is an experiential e-commerce platform that allows brands to create immersive 3D virtual shops on their websites and on metaverse platforms.
- Polygon: Polygon is a scalable blockchain network that enables developers and enterprises to create Web3 experiences.
- Red 6: Red 6 is an AR company that has created a patented headset and interface that works outdoors in dynamic, high-performance environments.
As the company focuses on its next-generation storytelling efforts, Disney will continue to work with companies like this year’s Accelerator Class to help develop new technologies and storytelling canvases to create experiences connected to across the physical, digital and virtual worlds.
For more information on the Disney Accelerator 2022 program, visit http://DisneyAccelerator.com.