SANTA ROSA, Calif .– (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS), a leading technology company that provides advanced design and validation solutions to help accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, participated in the third global event Plugfest organized by the O-RAN ALLIANCE, accelerating the development of technologies with open standard interfaces.
The Keysight Open RAN Architect (KORA) portfolio of solutions has enabled more than 40 vendors, 12 mobile operators and 5 open test and integration centers (OTIC) to verify the integration of multi-vendor network functions and compliance with O-RAN specifications. Leading vendors and mobile operators used Keysight’s lab emulation platforms, passive monitoring and troubleshooting tools, and field testing solutions at seven Plugfest sites, ten sites and twelve labs in Asia, Europe and North America. Rigorous real-world testing is essential for successful end-to-end integration of O-RAN equipment prior to live network deployment.
Keysight has collaborated with the Global Plugfest hosts in:
Europe with BT, Deutsche Telekom (i14y Lab in Berlin, which served as OTIC), Orange (European OTIC in Paris), Telefonica (European OTIC in Madrid), TIM (European OTIC in Turin) and Vodafone
India with Bharti Airtel
Japan with Rakuten Mobile, Inc.
Russia with Skoltech Project Center of Next Generation Wireless
South Korea with LG Uplus
Taiwan with Auray Technology Corp. (OTIC in Taiwan) and Chunghwa Telecom
United States of America with AT&T and Verizon
“Keysight is excited to contribute with O-RAN solutions that span from early pre-silicon development to system integration, which enables vendors, hyperscale data centers and service providers to validate designs. used to create robust networks based on O-RAN specifications, ”said Giampaolo. Tardioli, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s network access group. “Common software platforms and built-in test automation capabilities support continuous integration and deployment and continuous testing, providing accelerated verification throughout the product workflow. ”
Numerous mobile operators, vendors, research organizations and academic institutions rely on Keysight solutions to achieve end-to-end integration of network elements into cloud-native radio access network (vRAN) architectures and virtualized. Keysight participated with 94 companies at the event to advance specifications supporting key enabling O-RAN technologies. Plugfest used more than 17 Keysight solutions to make significant progress in developing technical and test specifications for open standard interfaces, Xhaul transport, O-Cloud, RAN intelligent controller (RIC) and artificial intelligence / machine learning that enabled use cases and O-RAN security requirements.
Plugfest participants seamlessly integrated KORA software and hardware platforms to test the following:
- O-RAN radio unit (O-RU) – the combination of Keysight’s O-DU emulation (Open RAN Studio), radio frequency (RF) signal sources and analyzers (UXA signal analyzer, VXG signal generator), as well as the framework for the automation of company (PathWave Test Automation) were used to validate 3GPP and O-RAN compliance and the performance of the open fronthaul implementation in the RF measurement and protocol areas. Collaborators: ADI, Alpha Networks Inc., Cambridge Industries Group (CIG), Comba, Foxconn, Fujitsu, LIONS Technology, LITEON, MICAS (Shenzhen) Telecommunication Co., Ltd., Microelectronics Technology Inc., New Kinpo Group, Radio Gigabit, WNC and Xilinx
- O-RAN front link gateways (FHGW) – the combination of Keysight’s O-DU emulation (Open RAN Studio) and RF instruments (UXA signal analyzer, VXG signal generator) was used to validate connectivity and gateway performance between legacy fronthaul devices and O-RAN devices. Collaborators: Cisco Systems Inc. and VVDN
- O-RAN central unit (O-CU) – Keysight’s O-DU emulator with built-in User Equipment Emulation (UEE) capabilities (DuSIM) was used to validate O-CU functionality, performance and compliance with 3GPP standards and profiles control and O-RAN user plan on the F1 interface at mid-term. Collaborater: Accelleran
- O-RAN distributed unit (O-DU) and central unit (O-CU) Interoperability (IOT) – the combination of Keysight’s O-RU emulator with built-in UEE capabilities (RuSIM), main emulator (CoreSIM) and network degradation emulator (Network Emulator II, Network Emulator 100G +) was used to verify functionality, compliance with O-RAN specifications and performance, including a Xhaul transport network under real conditions. Keysight’s performance benchmarking (PBM) solution was used to orchestrate end-to-end testing on all KORA solutions for the characterization of the latency and throughput of the fronthaul implementation. Collaborators: Intel, LIONS Technology, MiTAC Computing Technology Corp., Radisys and Wiwynn
- End-to-end O-RAN (E2E) – the combination of Keysight’s UEE (UeSIM), test user equipment (Nemo Outdoor), main emulator (CoreSIM) and PBM capabilities was used to assess the performance, security and latency of small and macro E2E cells under load and stress test conditions. A live monitor (WaveJudge) was used to extend real-time visibility to disaggregated radio access, correlation and interaction between O-RAN protocol and 3GPP physical layers in wireless transmissions. Collaborators: Advantech, Alpha Networks Inc., Altiostar – A Rakuten Symphony Company, Compal Electronics, Inc., DZS, Foxconn, iConNext Co., Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Inventec, LIONS Technology, Mavenir, NEC, Pegatron Corp., Quanta Cloud Technology, Sercomm Corp., Wiwynn and WNC
RIC O-RAN – Keysight’s RIC and xApps / rApps (RICtest) test solution was used for two scenarios.
The first involved validating and testing large-scale near real-time RIC and xApps interoperability and connections using the latest O-RAN specifications. Collaborators: Intel, TIM
The second showed the effectiveness of RIC-enabled RAN Slice closed-loop service level assurance. Keysight’s RICtest was used to emulate O-CU and O-DU nodes with dynamic slice-specific performance metrics reported for UEs, nodes, tracking zones, and cells with varying levels of simulated traffic. to several RICs in near real time and the management and orchestration of services (SMO). Collaborater: Juniper Networks
- O-RAN Cloud Platform (O-Cloud) – Keysight’s virtual cloud infrastructure validation solution (Cloud Peak) was used in two test cases to compare O-Cloud platform latency behavior, storage scalability and application isolation resource-intensive when multiple applications simultaneously share the same container orchestration system in an O-Cloud infrastructure. The test cases involved testing the performance of the O-Cloud platform across the dimensions of compute / network / storage resources and different generations of server hardware. Collaborater: Vent River
- O-RAN Security – Keysight’s 3GPP Security Assurance Specification (SCAS) automated test suite using UEE (UeSIM) and a core emulator (CoreSIM) was used to assess and assess the specific security requirements of the O-RAN system. Collaborater: Mavenir and Pegatron Corp.
Xhaul Cell Site Router (CSR) and Hub Site Router (HSR) – the combination of the Keysight transport network test solution (IxNetwork / Novus) and the transport network degradation solution (Network Emulator II) was used to validate the performance of the transport network under real conditions. Collaborater: ADVA
Keysight’s O-DU emulation solution (Open RAN Studio) and O-RU emulation capabilities (RuSIM) were added in another test case used to validate front-end traffic processing. Collaborater: IP infusion
Supporting contributor quotes can be found here: www.keysight.com/find/plugfest-quotes
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight offers advanced design and validation solutions that help accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight’s commitment to speed and accuracy extends to software-based insights and analytics that bring tomorrow’s technology products to market faster throughout the development lifecycle, in design simulation, validation of prototypes, automated software testing, manufacturing analysis and optimization of network performance and visibility in the enterprise, service provider and cloud environments. Our clients cover the global industrial communications and ecosystems, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics markets. Keysight generated $ 4.9 billion in revenue in fiscal 2021. For more information on Keysight Technologies (NYSE: KEYS), visit us at www.keysight.com.
Additional information on Keysight Technologies is available in the press room at https://www.keysight.com/go/news and on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.