Michigan man is $ 72,000 richer, despite a weird wrong answer in the last round. Danny, whose last name has not been given, of Detroit, participated in the musical guessing game show, “Name this tuneOn the episode aired on FOX on Wednesday, January 27.
ROUND 1: REMIX’D
In this round, Danny and his opponent, Asabi, tried to name popular songs that they should easily know. However, the provisions have been changed.
- Song 1 – Funk remix: Asabi wins $ 1,000 with “Footloose”.
- Song 2 – Punk remix: Danny wins $ 2,000 with “Torn”.
- Song 3 – Reggae remix: none of the contestants guessed “Treat You Better”.
- Song 4 – R&B Remix: Asabi won $ 4000 with “Complicated”.
- Song 5 – Tango remix: Asabi won $ 6,000 with “Superfreak”.
At the end of the first round, Asabi had a big lead with $ 11,000 against Danny’s $ 2,000.
ROUND 2 – Bid-a-note »
Applicants are given a hint about a song, and then, one at a time, must bid for how many seconds they think they can name that song. If one of them bids for a second, he must automatically guess.
- Song clue 1: “Mom, is that the real clue?” Asabi named “Bohemian Rhapsody” in one note, taking home $ 10,000. It is now up from $ 21,000 to $ 2,000.
- Song clue 2: “This redhead would do anything for a pair of legs.” Adabi couldn’t name the song in five notes, allowing Danny to guess in 10 notes. He answered correctly with “Under The Sea,” winning $ 15,000 earning him $ 4,000.
- Song clue 3: “In 1975, this delicious group achieved a miracle.” Danny named “You Sexy Thing” in seven notes, winning $ 20,000. That put him in the lead of $ 16,000.
- Song clue 4: “The smallest platinum hit of this British singer’s career.” Danny answered “Tiny Dancer” correctly by winning $ 25,000 for a total of $ 62,000, sending him into the final round for a chance to add $ 100,000.
$ 100,000 ROUND GOLD MEDALLION
There are seven pieces worth $ 10,000 each. If Danny got them all right in 30 seconds, he would add $ 100,000 to his winnings. A wrong answer ends the game.
- Song 1: Popped after four seconds and passed on “My life would suck without you.”
- Song 2: Ringed after five seconds and answered “Ain’t No Sunshine” correctly.
- Song 3: Ringed after four seconds and sent “Happier” message.
- Song 4: Ringed after five seconds and answered incorrectly, ending their game. Danny guessed “Frozen” instead of “Story of My Life”.
Congratulations to Danny who won $ 72,000.
MORE FROM MLIVE: