FREMONT, Calif., August 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — STL (NSE: STLTECH), one of the industry’s leading digital network integrators, today launched a comprehensive suite of optical connectivity solutions to enable india 5G preparation. With the recently organized spectrum auctions, India is at a key point in its 5G connectivity and is expected to have approximately 200 million 5G subscribers by 2025. The industry needs advanced optical products that can make 5G deployment quick, easy and cost-effective.
For several years, STL has been preparing for india 5G revolution. The company is innovating 5G technology with in-house optical connectivity solutions. Continuing the momentum, STL has announced a suite of compatible optical connectivity products to boost india 5G readiness, including a range of fiber optics and cables and interconnect solutions. These include:
- Stellar Fiber- G.657.A2 fiber insensitive to macro-bends. It is compatible with older 4G and optical metro networks including G.657.A1 and G.652D.
- Celesta Smart Link Ribbon Cable Combined with Compact Optical Ribbon Closure (CORC) – A high density fiber optic cable with up to 6912 fibers. This supports faster, easier and cost-optimized network deployments by providing high capacity and better utilization of duct space.
- Micromodule cable with Micro-optical demarcation closure – Very compact closure optimized for urban deployment. It offers fast, efficient, tool-free installation for both aerial and underground fiber construction.
- Preconnectorised drop cabling solutions – A solution for indoor and outdoor connectivity of small cells; this pre-connectorizThe ed solution offers significant time savings when building 5G infrastructure, reducing deployment complexity and the need for specialized labor
These optical solutions will deliver four key benefits to network builders: scalable and agile operations, faster time to market, lower total cost of ownership, and greener networks.
To increase the capabilities of optical products suitable for 5G, STL is also taking the following initiatives:
- Strengthening fiber and cable production capacity – 5G will require large-scale OFC deployment. Anticipating this demand, STL has increased its capacity in recent quarters. It plans to increase fiber optic production capacity to 50mn fkm this year and will increase cable capacity to 42mn fkm in FY23.
- Manufacture of a new suite of pre-terminated solutions with a state-of-the-art installation – The optical interconnection installation of STL in Dadra, Indiatackles all terrain-related complexities and designs integrated solutions for them.
- Design a deployment methodology with LEAD 360oh – A large-scale network deployment solution for faster and more efficient 5G fiber deployments.
- Develop a pool of qualified talent – STL has trained more than 100,000 professionals on 5G technology through STL Academy. He just signed a Memorandum of Understanding with NASSCOM to increase the number of certified professionals in India ~10X by 2024.
Launch of these solutions, Paul Atkinson, CEO, Optical Networks Sector, STL, said: “We believe that our optical solutions will India accelerate towards 5G connectivity. We will continue to develop innovative and cost-effective products to enable accelerated network deployments for a seamless user experience and enable digital transformation at scale, connecting billions of people. »
About STL – Sterlite Technologies Ltd:
STL is one of the industry’s leading digital network integrators providing all-in-one 5G solutions. Our capabilities in optical networks, services, software and wireless connectivity place us among the best optical players in the world. These capabilities are built on converged architectures that help telcos, cloud companies, citizen networks, and large enterprises deliver next-generation experiences to their customers. STL works with service providers around the world to achieve a green and sustainable digital future in line with the goals of the United Nations SDGs. STL has a global presence in India, Italythe United Kingdom, the United States, Chinaand Brazil. To know more, contact us.
SOURCE Sterlite Technologies Ltd. (STL)